Please contact us if you would like to visit. We are open to the public only during scheduled events, tours, and workshops.
Directions: How to Get Here from There
From Nashville, Chattanooga, Cleveland, Athens, Georgia, Alabama, etc
. — Take exit 155 (Jasper/Dunlap) from Interstate 24 between Nashville and Chattanooga.
From North Chattanooga and Knoxville
- From Jasper: Take Rt. 28 toward Dunlap. Proceed north on Hwy 28 (you will pass through Whitwell).
- About 8 miles past Whitwell, just after the Sequatchie County sign, watch for Cartwright Automotive, a white and red building, on the left.
- Turn left just after that on Cartwright Loop. Go 0.7 miles to Box #1233 and an SVI sign. Turn in and park. The Gallery is across Hicks Creek. There is a walking bridge from the parking area.
— Take TN-27 to TN-111 toward Dunlap. Exit at Dunlap, turn left, and drive through Dunlap. At the last traffic light, take the right fork, which is Rt. 28 (passes by the schools).
- From Dunlap: Take Rt. 28 toward Whitwell.
- Travel 7 miles to Cartwright Loop, just past a small store, and before Cartwright Automotive.
- Turn right on Cartwright Loop and go 0.7 mi. to Box #1233.
- We will have an SVI sign at the mailbox. Turn in and park.
Walk across the creek or walking bridge to the houses–Liquidambar Art Gallery is the one with the large windows to the left.
IF YOU GET LOST OR CAN’T FIND ANYONE AT THE GALLERY: Call us at 949-4598, 949-5922, or cell 678-982-2445.
If you are coming for an event, you will be met.
View Sequatchie Valley Institute in a larger map