Directions to SVI
Please contact us if you would like to visit. We are located on a family homestead, and are open to the public only during scheduled events, tours, and workshops.
Directions: How to Get Here from There
You will approach SVI from either Jasper (south of us) or Dunlap (north of us), Tennessee.
From Nashville, Chattanooga, Cleveland, Athens, Georgia, Alabama, etc. — Take exit 155 (Jasper/Dunlap) from Interstate 24 between Nashville and Chattanooga.
- From Jasper: Take Rt. 28 toward Dunlap. Proceed north on Hwy 28 (you will pass through Whitwell).
- About 8 miles past Whitwell, just after the Sequatchie County sign, watch for Cartwright Automotive,a white and red building, on the left.
- Turn left just after that on Cartwright Loop. Go 0.7 miles to Box #1233 and an SVI sign. Turn in and park. You will be met.
From Knoxville, Crossville, Asheville, etc. — Take TN-27 to TN-111 between Soddy-Daisy and Dunlap. Drive through Dunlap. At the last traffic light, take the right fork, which is Rt. 28 (passes by the schools).
- From Dunlap: Take Rt. 28 toward Whitwell.
- Travel 7 miles to Cartwright Loop,just past a small store, and before Cartwright Automotive.
- Turn right on Cartwright Loop and go 0.7mi. to Box # 1233.
- We will have an SVI sign at the mailbox. Turn in and park. You will be met.
Click the blue marker below for directions via Google Maps…
View Sequatchie Valley Institute in a larger map