[Sviannouncements] Craft Sale & Open House (Sat Dec 10) PLUS POTLUCK!!!

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Fri Dec 9 11:40:35 EST 2011

Holiday Crafts Sale and Open House at Sequatchie Valley Institute

December 10, 2011: 10am CST until 5pm CST
Dust off your jingle bells and come join us for fun and shopping at SVI, a non-profit sustainable living center located 45 minutes from Chattanooga, in the midst of 400 acres of forest. We will be providing nature-based fun for adults and kids alike, so bundle up and join us by the fireplaces for hot spiced cider, yummy holiday snacks, games and holiday crafts.
For SVI Members, we'll also be hosting a Potluck dinner & short meeting following the crafting. If you would like to attend the potluck or meeting, please bring a snack, salad, or entree (early birds bring snacks, evening birds bring entrees…). BYOB. RSVP.

Great gifts by local artists will be available for purchase (cash or check), including Carol’s Sassy Shadows Pottery bird feeders, mugs, dishes, and wall hangings, all with impressions of forest flowers, vines, and leaves. Nature of Reaction jewelry, marbles, and kaleidoscopes by Patrick Ironwood will be featured.

Watercolors of birds, and hand-painted holiday cards by the well-known Atlanta artist Michelle Kimmons will be available. See http://michellekimmonsfineart.blogspot.com/ for more information on her work. We’ll also have for sale SVI’s favorite books on sustainable building, food, gardens, and kid activities.

If hiking is your style, wear your boots and explore our mountain trails. We’ll have tours of our gardens and hand-crafted buildings made of rock, logs, clay, and straw, and powered by the sun. Dress warmly and wear walking shoes. No pets, please. Please let us know if we can expect you.
SVI is located in the Cartwright community just off Hwy 28 half-way between Dunlap and Whitwell. For more information and directions, contact Carol or Chris at: 423-949-5922,carol-kimmons [at] utc [dot] edu, or go to http://svionline.org/about-svi/directions/

BYOB, RSVP or RIP…

Cheers,

Chris Gilligan
Board of Directors