[Sviannouncements] 2011 Holiday Tour of Artists’ Studios and Galleries (Dec. 3-4)

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Thu Dec 1 12:10:25 EST 2011

2011 Holiday Tour of Artists’ Studios and Galleries in Sewanee and Monteagle, TN
I’ll be showing my bird feeders, botanical art wall hangings, mugs, and my newest elegant botanical bowls at the 2011 Holiday Tour of artists’ studios and galleries in Sewanee and Monteagle, TN, this weekend, Dec. 3-4, 10-5 CST on Sat. and 12-5 on Sunday (note this is an hour behind Chattanooga). This annual Tour is presented by CAST, Craft Artists of Southern Tennessee. Please see the attached pdf or go to the website for a map, directions, and hours (www.cast-taca.org).

CAST 2011 Tour Information (1MB PDF download)
Because my studio is too far away to be a part of the tour, I will be exhibiting with 4 other artists at the Spencer Room on the campus of St. Andrew’s-Sewannee School, where there will be a warm fire and snacks available. There’s lots of great art on the tour, and, if you haven’t been to the University of the South at Sewanee, you’ve missed a major treat! The stone architecture is amazing and includes a chapel modeled on the Cathedral of Notre Dame. The surrounding environment is protected by land trusts and the South Cumberland State Park with lots of hiking trails and scenic beauty. It’s all not much over an hour from Chattanooga, and the weather will be beautiful Saturday with near 60 degrees and sun!

And, on Dec. 10th, don’t forget our Holiday Crafts Sale and Open House here at my home and studio at Sequatchie Valley Institute! We’ll have fabulous art from four artists, hikes, snacks, fireplaces, tours, and more at Moonshadow.

Call (423) 949-4598 or email for further information.

Carol Kimmons
Arts & Education Director
Sequatchie Valley Institute
1233 Cartwright Loop