[Sviannouncements] Wildflower Hikes at Sequatchie Valley Institute

officemanager at svionline.org officemanager at svionline.org
Wed Mar 21 15:52:58 EDT 2012

Wildflower Hikes at Sequatchie Valley Institute

March 31, 2012
10:00 am to 3:00 pm

April 7, 2012
10:00 am to 3:00 pm

Come and join the Sequatchie Valley Institute staff and friends… and
the ragwort, dwarf buckeye, phlox, bloodroot, trout lily, trilliums,
wild geranium, dogwoods, redbuds, etc! in the beautiful Sequatchie
Valley for our spring wildflower hikes, on Saturday, April 2 and
Saturday, April 9. The hikes will be accompanied by guides familiar with
the geography, ecology and biology of the area.

We will begin the hike at 12 noon Central Time (1pm Chattanooga time —
Eastern Time). You must arrive at our parking area no later than 11am to
assemble for the hike, and either hike or take a shuttle ride to the
trailhead at Moonshadow. Early birds (10:00 am Central Time) may enjoy a
hiking tour of our buildings and gardens. There will be a choice of a
long, strenuous hike deep into the Gulf, or a shorter, more relaxed
walk. Please be prepared for the hike with long pants, hat, sturdy
shoes, and a container for water (we have springwater on tap).

Plan to take lots of pictures! You are welcome to come early to visit
our gardens, hand-crafted homes, and crafts gallery, which will be open
for purchases of fine nature-based crafts produced by our staff, and
specialty books.

Please bring a picnic lunch to eat at one of our beautiful picnic areas
in the woods.

A sliding-scale donation of $5-20 will be used for our non-profit
educational programs. For directions to SVI, which is located in the
Cartwright community half-way between Dunlap and Whitwell, 45 minutes
from Chattanooga, or for more information, contact us at 423-949-5922,
or email officemanager [at] svionline [dot] org

Maps & Directions:
http://svionline.org/about-svi/directions/