[Sviannouncements] Potluck dinner and board meeting postponed until Feb 6, next Saturday

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Sat Jan 30 11:35:53 EST 2010

Hi folks,

The roads out here in the valley, and the tracks and trails around
moonshadow, are still very icy and dangerous... so we need to postpone
today's potluck dinner and board meeting until next weekend.

---- Saturday, February 6, 2010 ----

We're having our first SVI Board Meeting of the 2010 at Moonshadow.
Anyone who has been, or would like to be involved with Sequatchie
Valley Institute is welcome to attend.

We hope to see you all here... bring food, beverages, and a towel for
after hot tub if you are into that!

Open house and walkabout time is all day Saturday. The board meeting
will be from 4-5pm Central time, with potluck following.

---- Plans & Accommodations ----

You all are welcome to come out anytime on Saturday, and stay the
night if you like. Please let us know ahead of time if you plan to
sleep over, so we can arrange sleeping space.

As always, if you plan to stay over, please bring some natural food to
help out with meals the next day. Food and work trade are available to
offset housing & community fees.

Our camping/community fees are $10 per day, per person for primitive
camping or open shelter and $20-70 (double) for cabins and special
housing. Bring warm bedding and a flashlight.

---- Agenda Items ----

Mushroom Workshop planning (March 13)
Wildflower Hikes planning (April 3 & 17)
UTK Forestry Workshop planning (April 18)
Food for Life planning (June 3-6)
Bonnaroo crew planning (June 10-14)
Other possible festivals
Kiln shed progress
Internships 2010
Newsletter mailing
Fundraising

Oh, and here's a shameless plug, while we're on the fundraising
note... we've just launched an online donation/membership form on the
SVI website:
http://svionline.org/donate

Chris Gilligan
Board of Directors