[Sviannouncements] Pruning work days, Saturday and Sunday Feb 20-21

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Thu Feb 18 14:57:26 EST 2010

We'll be pruning in the orchard and vineyard Saturday and Sunday, Feb
20-21.

If you are interested in learning proper techniques for pruning fruit
trees and grape vines, come on out and join us for a fun weekend in
the trees and trellises.

Wear work clothes, comfortable climbing shoes, gloves, hat and eye
protection. If you have hand pruners, please bring them and we'll
sharpen them for you.

For our regular crew and those familiar with SVI, we'll be working at
moonshadow's orchard and vineyard, and probably also at Uno and Dos
near sweetgum.

Those of you who are first-timers or unfamiliar with the land, please
check in at Sweetgum (the houses just across the creek at the entrance).

There's a lot of limbs piled up, so a bonfire on Saturday night is
also a possibility.

http://svionline.org/about-svi/directions/

Cheers,

Chris Gilligan