[Sviannouncements] Sweetgum Gallery Opening and Sequatchie Valley Artisan Collective - Dec 11, 12, 13

office manager officemanager at svionline.org
Thu Oct 22 13:30:32 EDT 2009

Sweetgum Gallery Opening and Sequatchie Valley Artisan Collective

Sweetgum Gallery Opening and Sequatchie Valley Artisan Collective –
Dec 11, 12, 13 – will be combined with a Solstice party (Saturday
night) – and Alpen Glow kiln shed work day on Saturday, Dec. 12. The
gallery will also be hosting a tea lounge during the event. There is
no charge for this event.We encourage people to bring a covered dish
and libations of their choice to share. We will also tap a keg of the
“Earth Seed Mead” and our kitchen will be open if you need to warm up
food or for help with preparations for food. Parents can collaborate
on childcare during the weekend.On December 11th- Friday we will have
the gallery open for set up and casual sales until dark. In the
evening we will have food and games until 10:30ish at Moonshaddow for
those who can come on Friday. (Camping is available please see website
for packing list.) Saturday morning on the 12th, we will have the
gallery open with tea lounge as well as raising the beams and rafters
for our pottery kiln shed – Alpen Glow. (please bring work clothes and
gloves) We will follow this with a celebration in the evening at
Moonshaddow to welcome the pending return of the sun. (winter solstice
which is on Dec. 22)Alpen Glow will house a village sized wood fired
kiln which local ceramic artists will be welcome to utilize in
partnership with Sassy Shadows Ceramics and Pottery.Participating
local artists for the gallery opening are invited to set up on Friday
morning and art will remain up through the weekend and possibly
longer. If you would like to participate, please call Patrick Ironwood
at 423-949-4598. Artists will also need to bring their own displays.
Space is limited, so if you have anything bigger than a card table,
please make special arrangements with Patrick. If you have a small
item (such as a basket of knitted, sustainably harvested sneeds) you
may bring it the weekend of the event without notification.We are also
accepting volunteers, and encourage those bringing art to spend time
at the gallery. We would also appreciate volunteers to assist with
cleaning after the party on Sunday.
Sweetgum Gallery Opening and Sequatchie Valley Artisan Collective  –
Dec 11, 12, 13 – will be combined with a Solstice party (Saturday
night) – and Alpen Glow kiln shed work day on Saturday, Dec. 12. The
gallery will also be hosting a tea lounge during the event. There is
no charge for this event.
We encourage people to bring a covered dish and libations of their
choice to share. We will also tap a keg of the “Earth Seed Mead”  and
our kitchen will be open if you need to warm up food or for help with
preparations for food.  Parents can collaborate on childcare during
the weekend.
On Friday, December 11th, we will have the gallery open for set up and
casual sales until dark. In the evening we will have food and games
until 10:30ish at Moonshadow for those who can come on Friday.
(Camping is available: please bring tent, warm bedding and flashlight.)
Saturday morning on the 12th, we will have the gallery open  with tea
lounge as well as raising the beams and rafters for our pottery kiln
shed – Alpen Glow. (please bring work clothes and gloves)  We will
follow this with a celebration in the evening at Moonshadow to welcome
the pending return of the sun.  (winter solstice is on Dec. 22)