[Sviannouncements] Wildflower Hikes and Shiitake Workshop!

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Tue Feb 10 11:13:43 EST 2009

Hi folks!

We've scheduled two Wildflower Hikes for 2009, and one of them is the
same weekend as our popular Lunch and a Log Shiitake Mushroom
Workshop. Make March plans to camp out for the weekend.

March 28, 2009: Wildflower Hike (10:00 am)
March 29, 2009: Shiitake Mushroom Workshop (12:00 pm)
April 12, 2009: Wildflower Hike (10:00 am)

You can find out more about these events via:
http://svionline.org/what-we-do/scheduled-events/

------------------------------
WILDFLOWER HIKES
------------------------------

Come and join the Sequatchie Valley Institute staff and friends… and
the ragwort, dwarf buckeye, phlox, bloodroot, trout lily, trilliums,
wild geranium, dogwoods, redbuds, etc! in the beautiful Sequatchie
Valley for our spring wildflower hike, on Saturday, March 29. The
hike will be accompanied by expert naturalist, john johnson of UT.

We will begin hiking at 11 am Central Standard Time (12 noon
Chattanooga time — EST). Early birds (10:00 am CST) may enjoy a
biodiesel tractor-pulled hayride up the hill to the start of the
hike. There will be a choice of a long, strenuous hike deep into the
Gulf, or a shorter, more relaxed walk.

SHIITAKE MUSHROOM WORKSHOP

We will show you how to inoculate an oak log with Shiitake mushrooms.
Your inoculated log will produce nutritious and delicious mushrooms
for several years to come!

A $30-45 sliding scale fee includes hands-on instruction, a mushroom-
filled garden-fresh lunch, your own log to take home plus a tour of
our gardens and solar-powered facilities.

For directions to SVI, which is located in the Cartwright community
half-way between Dunlap and Whitwell, 45 minutes from Chattanooga, or
for more information, contact us at 423-949-5922, or email us via the
contact info on the website... http://svionline.org

We will begin lunch at 12 noon Central Standard Time (1 pm
Chattanooga time — EST), followed by the Shiitake Workshop.

Early birds (9 am CST) may enjoy a guided tour of SVI and moonshadow.

You can find out more about these events via:
http://svionline.org/what-we-do/scheduled-events/

Please help us publicize! Print out the attached PDF flyers and hang
them wherever you feel is appropriate...