[Sviannouncements] gallery opening and open house

ashley ironwood ashley at svionline.org
Tue Dec 9 21:01:05 EST 2008

Gallery Opening and Open House
Sequatchie Valley Institute
Saturday Dec. 13 9-4 pm Central  Time (10-5 Chattanooga Time).
All handmade crafts including Carol's "fossil" ceramic botanic art
tiles, bird feeders, Christmas ornaments, necklaces, and mugs, Ashley
and Patrick's kaleidoscopes and jewelry, with lampworked beads and
marbles, Nada's felted wool hot water bottle covers (warm that cold
bed!) and Marissa's tie dye and batik items.
Come on out to SVI and tour our elegant hand-crafted "green"
architecture solar-powered homes.  You can enjoy our beautiful nature
trail through the forest and visit our orchards and gardens.  There
will be tea and coffee by the fire in Moonshadow until 2 pm.  This is
the time to get your locally made crafts for a truly Green Christmas.
All proceeds from our crafts go to help support SVI, a non-profit
educational organization emphasizing sustainable living and
environmental education.
Location:  Just 45 minutes from downtown Chattanooga and Monteagle, in
the exquisite Sequatchie Valley between Whitwell and Dunlap.  Please
call or email for more detailed directions--we don't recommend
mapquest, etc.
Come prepared for the outdoors--wear warm clothes and walking shoes.
You may bring a picnic lunch if you wish. BRING YOUR KIDS AND CURE
NATURE DEFICIT DISORDER!   Please don't bring your pets as we are a
wildlife refuge.