[Sviannouncements] natural building intensive at ulinawi

ashley ironwood ashley at svionline.org
Wed Aug 20 16:15:28 EDT 2008

Sequatchie Valley Institute’s
Natural Building Intensive
September 2008

at Ulinawi

Our building intensive will focus primarily on earthbag and timber
framing. We’re going to be building every day for the next year, but
we’re inviting all comers for internships during the last three weeks
of September.

September 9-20:  Hands-on Work Intensive
September  21-27:  Work Intensive with Field Trips and Classes
Saturdays - 13, 20, 27: Work Party Days

cost is very nominal - $5/day, as worktrade is expected.
if this is still too expensive, alternate arrangements are possible.
cost includes meals and camping.

classes will be on natural building principles and materials, plus
whatever people want to learn. bradley jones, your workshop
facilitator, has experience and training in solar power, natural
building principles, earthbag, cob, timber framing, straw bale,
sustainable timber harvest, permaculture, and salvage and scrap
building.

for more information email: quasiperiodic at gmail.com or call:
510.853.0888

“we” in this case is ULINAWI, a new community in a cluster of
communities in the sequatchie valley of tennessee. for pictures and
more information about what we’re up to, bradley’s personal blog:
craftmonkey.typepad.com/alternatetheory

please note my new email address

ashley ironwood
sequatchie valley institute