[Sviannouncements] the ironwood sail

ashley ironwood ashley at svionline.org
Mon Aug 4 21:33:35 EDT 2008

hello friends and friends of friends!
the ironwood family is learning  to sail.  our vision is to buy an
inexpensive boat (28'-35') and take a trip somewhere in the atlantic/
gulf of mexico... we imagine being gone for 6 months to one year.  and
we have LOTS of research that we need to do...  we have limited funds
and want to show that it can be done affordably - not an extravagant
vacation - a continuation of our lifestyle on the water - an
ecological way to travel.  having developed such an intimate
relationship with our permaculture homestead and the land over many
years, we are ready to learn a new life - believing in our ability as
do-it-yourself-ers and spreading the knowledge we have gained along
the way.
we know a lot of people have traveled this way and we would love to
correspond with folks who could help us with our questions (and the
questions we have yet to generate).  do you know anyone who we could
communicate with?  we'd like to start out by crewing a bit with folks
who have experience...  preferably on the atlantic or gulf of mexico.

anyone have any suggestions for where we can start?

thanks for your help.
for love and wind,
the ironwoods (ashley, patrick, sage and anakeesta)

please note my new email address

ashley ironwood
sequatchie valley institute
1233 cartwright loop