[Pi-list] Fwd: PRESS RELEASE- Community Scale Permaculture Panel on May 19

Patrick Ironwood patrick at svionline.org
Fri May 11 20:24:21 EDT 2012

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Zev Friedman <zev at livingsystemsdesign.net>
> Date: May 11, 2012 6:59:19 PM EDT
> To: Zev Friedman <zevkudzu at gmail.com>
> Subject: PRESS RELEASE- Community Scale Permaculture Panel on May 19
>
> Dear friends and colleagues,
>

> As part of the 10-day Permaculture in Action class series that Dylan Ryals-Hamilton and I are teaching (see www.livingsystemsdesign.net for more info), we've organized this panel of inspiring community leaders to tell us about what they're doing and offer opportunities to get involved. Please see press release below and flier attached.
>

> For life,
>
> Zev Friedman
>
> Living Systems Design
>

> It Takes A Village To Raise A-Bundance,
>
> Saturday, May 19, 10:45-1:00 at W.C. Reid Center
>

> PRESS RELEASE- In an action-packed panel discussion on May 19, key regional leaders in community scale sustainability and job creation will come together to describe and discuss their most recent projects, as well as opportunities for public involvement.
>

> “There are so many incredible organizations and projects in the Asheville area related to food, sustainable living and job creation. For this event, we crafted a format that would provide a unique chance to participate in cutting-edge next steps for the regional movement towards economic and ecological sustainability. We’ve invited the members of this panel to highlight some of the most effective endeavors going on, and provide a new venue for them to work together and get more people involved,” says Zev Friedman (www.livingsystemsdesign.net), an organizer and teacher of the Permaculture in Action program, which the panel is a part of.
>

> The panel includes Gordon Smith (Asheville City Council member, creator of the Asheville Buncombe Food Policy Council), Dewayne Barton (Co-founder, Green Opportunities), Patricia Allison (Regional Permaculture Teacher, Earthaven Ecovillage), and Tom Knaust (Buncombe County Fruit and Nut Club, CrobMob West). The event will begin with a brief introduction to Community-Scale Permaculture by Dylan Ryals-Hamilton and Zev Friedman.
>

> There will be an emphasis on collaboration between organizations and individuals who haven’t worked together in the past, and on ways that different people can join in to support and benefit from these projects. The event will begin promptly at 10:45 a.m.

  do something...

the rule of no realm is mine.  but all worthy things that are in peril as the earth now stands, those are my care.  and for my part,  i shall not wholly fail in my task if anything passes through the night that can still grow fair or bear fruit and flower again in the days to come. for  i too am a steward, are not you?   gandolf

**************************
patrick ironwood
director of landscaping and architecture
sequatchie valley institute
media rights at moonshadow
1233 cartwright loop
whitwell, tn  37397