Intern Residency Program Intention Form
If you would like to send your intern intention form via e-mail please cut and paste and answer within an email to officemanager [at] svionline [dot] org .
- When would you like to be at Moonshadow and for how long? Internships are from March through October. We like to have a two-week trial period to make sure that it’s a win-win situation for both you and Moonshadow. It would also be beneficial — although not required — for you to visit us before you decide to apply.
- What are your general intentions for your stay at Moonshadow? Which programs would you like to be your focus? What other programs would you be willing to participate in? natural building; edible landscaping and gardening; workshops and education; ecology and research; non-profit organization; Earth Matters!
- What special skills do you have to offer?
- We often work from sun-up to sun-down and expect interns to fit intoour schedule. Will this work for you?
- Do you know how to cook? All residents are expected to participate in preparation of the daily main meal.
- Are you willing to help with house-cleaning chores, building and road maintenance, harvesting and food preservation?
- Can you afford the Community Fund daily fee of $10/day which includes room and board?
- How did you hear about Moonshadow? Have you visited or worked with us before?
- Tell us a little bit about yourself. A resume would be nice, but not required.
- Are you willing to live and work in rustic conditions including: high temperatures and humidity, living in your tent, bugs and snakes, outdoor compost toilets and showers, minimal water supply during late summer droughts, etc.?
- We would like our interns to focus on SVI/Moonshadow projects while they’re here. If interns want to do projects that are unrelated, we suggest that they find ways to have their work benefit SVI and Moonshadow in some way as well. Are you planning on working on any projects that are not related to Moonshadow/SVI? If so, how do you plan to incorporate them into our work here?
Please note that pets are not allowed due to issues with gardens, domestic animals and protected wildlife.
PLEASE INCLUDE ONE LETTER OF REFERENCE WITH YOUR INTENTION FORM. THANKS.