[Sviannouncements] Food for LIFE! 2014

Chris Gilligan officemanager at svionline.org
Wed May 21 13:28:42 EDT 2014

Food for LIFE! 2014
June 22-29, 2014

You're invited to an amazing weekend of great food, engaging classes,
fire, kids, music, camping and more!

All events are intentionally affordable and we ask $25 — $50 per adult,
per day and children are $5-$20 per child per day, which includes lovingly
prepared nutritious meals and admission to all workshops and lectures.

There is a $10 camping fee for the weekend.  Sliding scales are available
for those who need it. All Sequatchie Valley Institute members receive a
10% discount.  We are not for profit (501c3), and all proceeds go to cover
the costs of this and future events. Limited work trade is available and
needs to be arranged in advance. Food trade is accepted, but only if the
food is nutritionally and ethically sound (i.e., produced in manner that
makes our world a better place). All food trade must be approved in
advance.

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+

Since 1998 thinkers, practitioners, dreamers and eaters have gathered at
Moonshadow for the Sequatchie Valley Ir1stitute's annual Food for Life
event near Chattanooga, TN.

As an act of community, perched on the canyon walls of the ancient
Cumberland Plateau, we connect and open to the flow of energy which
we all call food.

Discussion and hands-on presentations include crop and animal production,
the art of cooking, fermentation, the joy of eating, nutrition, food
preservation, herbal medicine, permaculture, and building relationships
with the origins of our food.

Sandor Katz, the well-loved southeastern author of "The Art of
Fermentation" and "Wild Fermentation" will be sharing his passion for and
wisdom about various aspects of health and vitality through fermentation.

Other classes include:
Wild Root Kim-Chi & Forest Salad with Mateo Ryall; Understanding Fats with
Kaleb Wallace; Cultural Flocculation: an Exploration of Fermentation with
Marissa Percoco which will explore various cultures including kombucha &
jun, kefir, soda making & more; Mead, Wine & Magical Beverages with a
panel of expert brewers; Sourdough Breadmaking with Sonrisa Farm; Raising,
Butchering & Eating Pigs with Merryfield's Farm, plus an abundance of
local food & nutritious wisdom shared with you by folks who make these
things their way of life.

Join our community for a family friendly weekend of great food,
fire, kids, music and camping that will change your life forever!

For a complete schedule, details, fees & information, visit us at:
svionline.org or email marissa at svionline.org

Sequatchie Valley Institute at Moonshadow
(423) 949-5922