[Sviannouncements] Earthen Plaster Workshop in Chattanooga

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Tue Nov 8 21:00:50 EST 2011

Earthen Plaster Workshop in Chattanooga

November 12 & 13, 2011
Join Sequatchie Valley Institute for an earthen plaster workshop in downtown Chattanooga. Earthen plaster is a low-impact sustainable construction technique that has been used for thousands of years.
We have added walls made from a local clay/sand/straw mix (a material known as “cob”) to a timber frame structure in Chattanooga, as a demonstration of ancient, sustainable building techniques. Our next step is to seal the walls with earthen plaster. You will learn how you can use similar materials to create projects for your own home.

Dates: Saturday and Sunday: November 12-13
Times: 10:00 am and 1:00 pm (Lunch is included, starts at 12:00 noon)
Price: free (donations accepted)
Location: 1025 East 8th St, Chattanooga, TN 37403
Space is limited, please email ruderockdesigns [at] gmail [dot] com to reserve a space in this workshop.