[Sviannouncements] Art Sale and Open House -- Sat. Nov. 20 (1-5pm CDT)

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Tue Nov 16 11:22:38 EST 2010

Art Sale and Open house at Sequatchie Valley Institute and Sassy Shadows Pottery

Saturday, November 20, 1:00 -5:00 CST
Dust off your jingle bells and come enjoy a lovely old-fashioned winter day at the Sequatchie Valley Institute (SVI), a non-profit environmental center located 45 minutes from Chattanooga, in the midst of 400 acres of forest. If hiking is your style, bring the kids, wear your boots, and walk up our forest trails to the last homely house, Moonshadow.
Bundle up and sit by the open fires, drink hot spiced cider and pine needle tea, make a natural tree decoration or card. Visit our new wood-fired kiln—almost finished except for the chimney.
Carol Kimmons will be exhibiting her unique pottery holiday gifts and decorations that celebrate our natural world, including bird feeders, mugs, leaf pendants, and decorative leaf imprint wall hangings. You’ll be able to tour our permaculture gardens and hand-crafted solar-powered “green” homes and buildings. We are just off Rte. 28 midway between Dunlap and Whitwell, in the beautiful Sequatchie Valley.
Click here for Directions »
Contact: Tel: (423) 949-5922, Carol-Kimmons [at] utc [dot] edu, or see SVIonline.org.
SVI is a 501 (3) (c) non-profit educational organization promoting education and research in sustainable green living, ecology, and art.

Sequatchie Valley Institute
1233 Cartwright Loop
Whitwell, TN 37397
(423) 949-5922 tel