[Sviannouncements] Sequatchie Valley Wildflower Hikes - April 3 and April 17

Sequatchie Valley Institute officemanager at svionline.org
Wed Mar 24 08:24:54 EDT 2010

Wildflower Hikes

April 3, 2010
10:00 am	to	5:00 pm, CST
April 17, 2010
10:00 am	to	5:00 pm, CST
Come and join the Sequatchie Valley Institute staff and friends… and
the ragwort, dwarf buckeye, phlox, bloodroot, trout lily, trilliums,
wild geranium, dogwoods, redbuds, etc! in the beautiful Sequatchie
Valley for our spring wildflower hikes, on Saturday, April 3 and
Saturday, April 17. The hikes will be accompanied by expert
naturalist, john johnson of UT.
We will begin hiking at 11 am Central Standard Time (12 noon
Chattanooga time — EST). Early birds (10:00 am CST) may enjoy a
biodiesel tractor-pulled hayride up the hill to the start of the hike.
There will be a choice of a long, strenuous hike deep into the Gulf,
or a shorter, more relaxed walk.
Plan to take lots of pictures! You are welcome to come early to visit
our gardens, hand-crafted homes, and crafts gallery, which will be
open for purchases of fine nature-based crafts produced by our staff,
and specialty books. If you wish, you may bring a picnic lunch to eat
at one of our beautiful picnic areas in the woods.
A sliding-scale donation of $5-20 will be used for our non-profit
educational programs. For directions to SVI, which is located in the
Cartwright community half-way between Dunlap and Whitwell, 45 minutes
from Chattanooga, or for more information, contact us at 423-949-5922,
or email officemanager at svionline.org
Chris Gilligan
Board of Directors
Sequatchie Valley Institute