[Sviannouncements] Free Cob and Timberframe WorkWeekend at Ulinawi

office manager officemanager at svionline.org
Mon Sep 21 19:32:34 EDT 2009

Free Cob and Timberframe WorkWeekend at Ulinawi

friday sept 25 through sunday sept 27

come work and learn with us! this weekend we'll be cobbing our
"Covulator" (the cob-ovulator, a strawbale chicken house and low-cost
housing prototype), as well as doing a beam-raising for Exat, an
earthbag-timberframe residence.

we'll start friday afternoon with a cobbing 101 class, to be repeated
sunday as needed. saturday we'll be moving wood, raising the roundpole
beams, attatching them to their posts, and raising and attatching the
joists on top of that. saturday night, we'll burn the largest fire we
can find, and get some craziness out, then take it easy sunday,
playing in mud, working on the covulator.

the workshop is free, though donations of currency, food, beer etc are
encouraged. please bring a tent and bedding if you're planning on
camping. any dietary needs can be accommodated. if you're bringing
pets, please be prepared to tie them up (dogs and goats usually dont
mix).

for more information feel free to call us at
678-772-4616 (marissa)
or
510-853-0888 (bradley)

see you then!